Had a very exciting arrival of a lot of Mirasol Cotanani (as well as more Sirdar Peru for the dyeing experiments), which I am making into a yoked cardigan. The problem? I started the yoke, ran out of yarn, put it down with hook. Hook became unattached. I have now picked it up a week later and am trying to work out which hook I was using! I'm making it up as I go along, so don't have a handy pattern to check from. At the moment, I think I was using a 4.5mm - I remember thinking that the hook was smaller than last time I made a yoked cardigan...but I'm not sure. I've been working on various projects with a 5mm hook this week, so the 4.5 feels weird in my hands. I've worked and reworked the same row with different sized hooks, but I honestly cannot see a difference between the 4.5mm and 5mm...so am going with my instinct!
Thursday, 29 October 2009
Sunday, 18 October 2009
With a huge 'wet room' bathroom, and half a skein of Sirdar Peru in a neutral colour, I decided to hava go at dyeing. I ordered a 'dye equipment kit' from the internet as well as various different colours of 'Kool-Aid'. I chose 'Ghoul-Aid' for my first attempt, made one sachet up into a bottle (haven't a clue if that's the right proportions!) and then used a large syringe to squirt half of it onto the yarn, which had been soaked in lukewarm water for half an hour.
Posted by Sarah Francis at 17:25