So this post is to go through more details relating to the cardigan, and to show pictures.
It is probably going to be the only picture for now, so I reserve the right for it to be large. The location is Ronda in Spain, note that I am not always in such a fantastic location to show off my items. It was very windy - this is literally the only picture I have where my hair isn't in my face.
So, what does the photo show?
1) It's quite a long cardigan - I had intended to make it the length that you can sit on it, but not too long. When crocheting, the back was shorter than the front, which caused me to make it a bit longer...and then it stretched! The shirt I'm wearing in the picture is more of a tunic - I have never been able to find a cardigan that completely covers it. As the photo shows - the cardigan (I think I need a better name for it...) does.
2) One button. I bought seven, and fiddled with them, considered all the other photos of projects of the tutorial (by milobo) on Ravelry, and finally decided to use just one, if it doesn't work then I'll put in a proper button band, with five+ buttons, but as it is summer then I don't want anything too buttoned up. The button ended up next to the eyelet pattern, for ease.
It took 7 skeins of Mode DK in Teal, which is 350g - just less than the pattern asked for (it was something like 380g, but I took out about 5 rows of the yoke because I realised it was getting too long). I love the colour, I've used that colour several times for several projects and it makes me happy.
In other news - I made the Meadow and Sea Shells scarves on holiday, and am now working with 'interesting yarns' - Sirdar's Crofter DK to make a scarf, and Rowan's Tapestry (a bit urgh) to make the Pretender Beret. But that will be posted later.