I've been making rice crispy cakes this week for a cake and puddings evening that we're holding this evening. As I do not have an oven, the cakes that I can make are reduced. Nevertheless, I decided to make rice crispy cakes and came up with a variety of types.
Thursday, 5 February 2009
1) Plain (top left) - 1 spoon of sugar, 1 spoon of margarine/Flora, 4 spoons of golden syrup, 4 large marshmallows, and lots of rice crispys! Melt everything, add the crispys. Stir and then put on greaseproof paper and set in fridge.
2) Chocolate (top middle) - the same as plain but with 7 cubes of Dairy Milk instead of marshmallows. Probably needed some more chocolate, and it didn't melt very well (I was doing 1 & 2 at the same time).
3) Plain with raisins (bottom middle) - same as plain but as raisins as well. I think I used a bit less golden syrup (3 spoons) and more marshmallows (6).
4) Marshmallows with raisins and wafers of chocolate on top (top right) - 8 marshmallows, 1 spoon sugar, 1 spoon butter (no golden syrup!). Melt, add raisins and rice crispys. Put on greaseproof paper. Cut thin wafers of chocolate with knife, and put on top. Press into crispys with piece of greaseproof paper. Set in fridge.
Today I plan to make:
5) Vegan - 1 spoon sugar, 4 spoons golden syrup. Melt. Add raisins and crispys. Set. I've checked out the ingredients for these and they all seem to be vegan friendly. I need to look on my Flora packet to see if I can put butter in as well - it claims to be made of seed oils but I need to check if they haven't slipped in anything that is vegan unfriendly. Marshmallows are out as they contain beef gelatine.